3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cups sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
3 3/4 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla extract and beat to combine.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add 1/3 of flour mixture to wet ingredients. Beat to combine. Add 1/2 of milk and beat to combine. Add remaining flour in two additions, alternating with last of milk. Beat in orange zest.