- All-purpose flour: 3 cups
- Sugar: 1½ cups
- Baking powder: 3 teaspoons
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Apple Pie Spice: ¾ teaspoon
- Eggs: 2 (large)
- Milk: 1 cup
- Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 2 Tablespoons (softened)
- Apples: 1½ cups (peeled, chopped)
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners sugar
1. Before you begin, pour oil into a deep skillet or Dutch oven to a depth of about 3 inches and heat to 375 degrees.
2. Then you're going to get a large mixing bowl and sift in together flour, sugar, salt, also apple pie spice.
3. Place eggs in another bowl, and lightly beat. And please stir in milk and vanilla.
4. Okay now, you need to make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. You'll want to add butter, beating with a mixer on low speed to moisten, it takes around 1 minute. Immediately scrape down sides of bowl and increase speed to medium for another 2 minutes longer. Finally, you may want to fold in apples and drop into hot oil with a ¼ cup size measuring cup.
5. Double checks not to splash the oil on yourself. Because my pot is not very large at the top, I cook only one at a time. Of course, as the fritters cook, they will rise to the top.
6. Make sure to brown side by side using a spatula to turn them over.
7. To finish, drain on paper towels. You can then sprinkle immediately, and generously, with confectioner sugar or glaze (preferably glaze). To make glaze confectioners sugar and milk or water whisk together and glaze while warm.